Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.MOD files are huge...is there a way to shrink them?

• Please log in to reply

Link83

Link83

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I just bought a JVC hard disk camcorder, and when i went to transfter the files from my camera to computer via USB the file is 183mb just for a 3 minute video. It is in .MOD format. How can i make these files smaller. Say i wanted to upload them on a site that has a 100mb limit. Am i screwed? Theres gotta be something to make this huge file much smaller.

HEEEEELLLPPP

tytytytytytytytytytyty

-link

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://www.moviecode...ics/9735p1.html

This thread from another forum may help you.

Link83

Link83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Actually, i found the answer to my own question. Cyber link power director will convert your mod files into avi and makes them MUCH smaller. Very good program. It lets you choose low,med,high quality too.

So if anyone else is looking for an answer to this...thats the way to go!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Thats basically what they are telling you in that link, cyber link software is all very good though can do most things like that.

karlmax

karlmax

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Spammer. :)