Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

upload mobile phone video

• Please log in to reply

rodneyj222

rodneyj222

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hi i have about 63mb of video footage i have shot with my sony ericsson k750i mobile phone. i have bluetoothed it over to my computer and now i would like to share it with a friend who lives in another country and i cannot figure out how to do it. i have 2 files one that is 18mb and the other is 45mb. the format is 3gp. this is color video with sound. anyone have any suggestions? thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://www.free-code...to_play_3GP.htm Google came up with that straight away.

You can use a player from nokia or the media player classic as mentioned above does it, conversion is also a good option using one of the tools.

rodneyj222

rodneyj222

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
hi,
thanks for the response. i am not having problems playing the video. the quality and sound are surprisingly good with a quicktime player. i need to upload the files someplace where my friend can access them or compress them so that they can be sent via email. the upload sites for video do not support 3gp (google video for example) or have upload size limitations that are smaller than my files. i have tried a converter to change the 3gp format to mpeg4 but after doing so the the file will not play or upload and when i try and open it i get a corruption message. so i am stuck for the moment. hmmmm

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well you can try sending it via messenging software most have that option.

http://www.free-webh...ile-hosting.php you can try looking for a file host on this website. I usually just send files via messenger though. Xfire is quite good for that.

rodneyj222

rodneyj222

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thanks i had not thot of that. i will give it a try!