Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Memory Card Manager box and ipod on Dell 5100

• Please log in to reply

sexykitten

sexykitten

• Pip
  • 4 posts
[b][i][color=#3333FF]I am having a problem with my new Dell Dimension 5100 desktop. I bought an ipod for my son for :whistling: Christmas and installed everything on my computer, but when I plug in the ipod to any of the usb ports on my computer a box appears after 15 seconds.

Memory Card Manager: Failed to locate supported files types or there are no photos found on this device. It is a rectangle box in the middle of the screen, outlined in blue, and to the right of the message inside the box is a red dot with a white x through it.

I have downloaded songs from iTunes and other sources just fine, but i can not transfer them to my ipod. I have Windows XP on my system. I tried to contact Dell and I get the run around and between Apple and Dell, i do not feel like playing the blame game nor do I want to pay over $200 to get help on this.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. :blink:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
First thing to do is to update itunes. I have found more than a few holiday ipods that had old outdated itunes software loaded on the disk that came with the ipod.

Second....memory card manager. I do not believe that is part of the Ipod software I saw...and it is not part of Windows either. Do you have a digital camera? It sounds like your digital camera software is trying to read your ipod, which it thinks is just a big memory card.

sexykitten

sexykitten

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
How do I check to see if it is doing that? I have a dell photo shop and photo impact pro. No digital camera hooked up. Yes, I updated iTunes. Thanks.
:whistling:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please run hijackthis (see link in my signature), then save a log and AS A TEXT FILE (FILE > SAVE AS) then ATTACH IT (do not post) to your next post.

We do not like to post hijackthis logs in sections other than the malware forum as we do not want to encourage people to post malware issues in this forum.

I am not looking for malware. I am looking for what programs or combinations of programs might cause this behavior. If I notice any malware, I will redirect you to the malware forum.

If you post a hijackthis log in this forum, several trusted techs will come to your house and eat all of your Ritz crackers, Cheeze Doodal and any sweet pickles you have in your fridge. We will also put our feet up on all of your coffee tables. This is no joke. We'll do it. It's not pretty.

sexykitten

sexykitten

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I did but where do i save a log? What is a log? I am sorry.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
dp not use fast reply, hit ADDREPLY button, then go down to ADD ATTACHMENT, browse to the log file, and then hit ATTACH