Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming is "dead"

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Here is a very interesting article, about the "death" of the gaming industry: :blink:

News24 Article

It's a load of rubbish in my opinion, but that could just be me. :whistling:

Advertisements

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Hmm ... I think its very rational to say that the game industry is "dead". Maybe creating the games is becoming harder but the gamers are nto dead. There are always going to be more in my opinion. The only thing that is dieing is way to create a first person shooter that isn't like Counter-Strike or Battlefield. Thats the challenge for them, coming out with a game that has intense action with a "new" story, or is diffrent than another game and doesn't look like a complete rip off of another.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That guy obviously hasnt played in games and hasnt played any good mods lately.

I wonder if hes played HL2 and seen some of the amazing high quality mods created for it that didnt take a long time to make as valve had done the bit thats takes so long, the engine.

One of the best mods ive played was PDS for homeworld 2 its a complete overhaul of the game and by far the mod is much better than the original game, its totally free the game costs a fiver and with the mod looks as good as most games put out now. It was made totally independantly of the developer.

There are lots of fantastic games the industry is only getting started telling the stories it wants to now that technology and the way people think has changed sufficiently, the guy is just annoyed because HE has run out of ideas and is still in the dark ages.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
"No..." said the goblin " .. I don't think that games are dead or can ever die, they just go off in a certain direction until their trend is spent, if not slightly before that then, and then out comes a new direction so in fact.." felt the goblin "...it is this dull moment now in which an underlying trend is about to emerge and if I were a surfing man.." which the goblin thought was odd because Switzerland has no shoreline "... I would use this chance to get out there in time."

Edited by fleamailman, 14 April 2006 - 03:48 PM.

noobslayer

noobslayer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Here is a very interesting article, about the "death" of the gaming industry: :blink:

News24 Article

It's a load of rubbish in my opinion, but that could just be me. :whistling:

i just have one thing to say to that

Attached Thumbnails

• 1141924557987s.jpg