Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TURN TO YOU"SE FOR HELP

• Please log in to reply

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi guyz im about to buy this laptop
Base Unit: Dell XPS M170

Processor/Speed: Centrino Pentium M 780 (2.26GHz/533MHz FSB)

Display: 17inch True Life Wide Screen UXGA, for XPS M170

Memory: 2GB DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm, for XPS M170

Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX, for XPS M170

Hard Drive: 100GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive 7200 rpm, for XPS M170

Im not worried about any of the specifiactions except for the cpu, does anyone know if these cpuz are any good? Ive hear that they do exceptionally well in gaming but i just needed to hear it from you'se.Thanks guyz :whistling:

Edited by -=Ac3=-, 11 April 2006 - 04:28 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well its doesnt really matter how good it is for gaming, in a laptop its as good as you can get so i wouldnt bother. But they are half decent gaming chips as well, not what you might put in a desktop but you are limited by a laptop and dell who only uses intel.

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Guyz what laptop would you go for the DELL XPS OR DELL INSPIRON E1705/9400.

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Please guyz i need a final word, so that i can close my deal

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you want something that will play games it has to be the XPS as its the only one with decent graphics, the E1705 is the more powerful but its lack of proper graphics would make it a bad choice if you want a gaming laptop.

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Dont they use the same graphics card ? 7800gtx???

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
When i looked yesterday i couldnt see it on the dell site mentioned as an option but according to this review i just read it is an option for those laptops so i would just go for that, its not as slick looking but that doesnt really matter to much so i would just go for it.

I cant find any direct comparisons though between that and the XPS which is annoying. But yeah if you can get the 7800 option go for it. There is a non GTX version of the 7800 though so it may not be a GTX you should check that and im looking at the dell site and i was right yesterday when i looked the only option for the E1705 i can see listed here is for a X1400.

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
OK thanks alot man, i think that id go for the XPS anyway, it seems to be a better gaming laptop, its just that processor im worried about.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its still a blazing CPU, its not as fast as the new CPUs but its still no slouch for an intel.

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
That sounds good. Thanks warriorscot.