Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

helpsvc.exe

• Please log in to reply

Kzayaz

Kzayaz

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I'm not sure this belongs in this section but helpsvc.exe process is running with very high %, causing CPU go up to 100%.
What is this process and why does it come up at all? Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It manages help and support (start / help and support)

There is a known issue

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;839017

This problem may occur if the Helpsvc.exe process exhausts your computer resources. The Helpsvc.exe process may use up to 100% of the CPU resources on your computer for several minutes. To view CPU usage for Helpsvc.exe, start the Task Manager, and then click the Processes tab.

Kzayaz

Kzayaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
yes, I know how to look it up and terminate it. I haven't read your link to the known issue yet, I just hope that there is a permanent fix for this.

thanks for your reply.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I included that from the link only so you could see it was applicable, when you get round to reading the article in the link, you will spot their permanent fix