Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP mystery.

• Please log in to reply

reaper7

reaper7

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Turn on my comp today, and whenever i want to watch a vid on a fixed website or any windows media on the web i get an oldschool windows media player skin and nothing happens - go to errors to see what's up and get:

Error=80040241

Look this up and it is a service pack one error that i cannot even correct because my comp is fully up to date and always is with SPII. Any ideas besides deleting wmp and reinstalling?///// Also i was fidling with codecs the other day, not for me but trying to help someone fix theirs and went on some divx codecs sites which i already have running free in my system anyway - what the [bleep] is going on??

When i download a vid from limewire or anywhere else it fine, it only on sites like greek soccer where the media player is fixed. I can still open up media player and play all vids on it, it is only pages like this that will work for u and no longer me:

http://www.greeksocc...&cmd=si&img=365

just get an oldcshool wmp skin and nothing except that error code...???

Advertisements

reaper7

reaper7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ps, this is the retarded pic i get all the time:

Posted Image

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would try uninstalling and reinstallling WMP and see if that makes a diff

reaper7

reaper7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanx I think there must me a little corruption somewhere.