Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network problem

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
were both machines EVER able to connect at the same time? or is this the first time that you are trying to connect comp #2

Advertisements

Blaine

Blaine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i had both pcs networked a while ago like almost a year ago we moved and brought one pc and just brougth the other last weekend....

i had upstairs pc with dailup into modem the cat5 into port 1 and pc2 (thisone) in port 2 and it worked great i also had a old machine with the wireless for a month or so it worked just was to slow with dailup.....thats y i don't understand y its not working now.......

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
...confused a little bit....are you on broadband or dialup?

Blaine

Blaine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
sorry i'm broadband NOW wasn't then...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
whew...kind of scared the bejeezus out of me...so everything worked on dialup...
switched to broadband and now you've got one computer that WILL connect to the internet and one that won't...it's possible that your ISP will only allow one computer to access the internet...(some isp's do this)...is the iblitz device just a router...or is it a router/modem combo? was it purchased seplerately or from the ISP?

Blaine

Blaine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
they was seperate i have adelphia cable. not sure if that matters maybe i need to find out?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...so you've got a cable modem hooked to the wall..a router hooked to the modem...and the computers (currently) hooked up to the router

Blaine

Blaine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
correct cable into modem cat 5 from modem to router then pc's into router port 1 and port 2 of the router.

Installation
In areas where Home Networking is not yet available, our standard technician install will prepare your cable outlet for High-Speed Internet and will set up your cable modem and your network gateway computer for High-Speed Internet service unless you choose our self-activation option. All other wiring and installation required to set up your home network is your responsibility.

Support
Adelphia will support your High-Speed Internet connection to the cable modem and your network's gateway computer. Adelphia does not support any other computers or peripheral equipment you may have on your network. If you contract with someone to install your home network, be sure to inquire about the support services they offer.

Service Quality
In general, you can service two or three additional computers without seeing a noticeable change in speed. However, your actual results will depend on a number of factors including your signal strength, network configuration, etc. Each additional computer using the Internet will take a share of the bandwidth you are receiving. Therefore, you will eventually see slower speeds depending on how many additional computers you place on your network.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok well that's good info...

Blaine

Blaine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
but when i hook up upstairs pc to router it kicks my router off not sure y so i can't get sp2 i'm still looken up some stuff about it

iblitzz is no longer in bussniss so i can't get firmware updates :9

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what are the chances of getting another router (i'm not thinking this is a pc issue)

Blaine

Blaine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
in fact my dad is sending me his old d-link router should be here monday

or i can try and get my old network hub but i don't think its compatble with high speed just dail up its that old

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you unplug the "broken" machine and plug the other one back in..does the internet sped return to normal? if so you can DL sp2 and burn to a disk to transfer it...

http://dsenette.geek...935-SP2-ENU.exe here's the administrative install that you can download then transfer

Blaine

Blaine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
dsenette

my mom brought me an belkin wireless 802.11 G router and card i hooked them up and it started working so that iblitzz card and router must not be any good or something

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm gonna point my furry monkey finger directly at that router/card combo (Especially since a new set fixed the issue) i personally have never heard of iblitz....but then again...you may be in europe where they have some diff hardware vendors