Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ibook Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

churchskiz

churchskiz

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys I posted this on Other OS help too,

I'm a Windows vet that recently started my own computer business. A lady called me this morning about her IBook. She says that her computer was working fine until a friend checked his out-of-country e-mail on her machine. Some desktop icons were removed and word processing documents will randomly disappear off the screen sometimes. If it was a windows machine i'd right away tell her it's virus or spyware, but I've never really worked on a Mac before. Any tips or suggestions? At this point i'd assume it was a spyware issue as she is using internet explorer. What tools should I use to scan/remove? Is there an online virus scanner like trendmicro for Macs? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Advertisements