Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netgear DG834GT with BT Yahoo Broadband option 1

• Please log in to reply

Caljif

Caljif

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I replaced my BT voyager 205 adsl router with a Netgear DG834GT as directed by one of my last posts since the Voyager's most useful only for burning and making pretty little colours as you blow it up in relief that the little [bleep] thing is gone. (No i havnt burnt it.....very tempted to though.)
But my Netgear DG834GT doesnt pick up the internet AT ALL (No light on the router for the internet and no connection picked up by the computer). Theres nothing wrong with the physical connection, and all the wires have been replaced more then once including the microfilters. All the settings that BT have told me to make which are listed on there help website and im still getting nothing. i looked through the Netgear forums about it and aparently you need some special BT username and no password which i have done and im still getting nothing. I know i cant be picky about this but i could really do with a fast response since i have games such as World of Warcraft with a subscription and im not really in the mood for giving away money for things i cant recieve. If anyone also knows how to make BT voyager 205 adsl router ergonomic and actually stay connected for more then 4-20 minutes at a time without dropping the connection for no reason that solution sounds just as good. Also i know that there is a connection from the phone socket because the Voyager picks it up it just keeps dropping it because its not ergonomic and BT should be sued the [bleep] out of for distributing this pile of turd.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Signs of a faulty router then if there are no lights on it at all. You should, if nothing else, have a power light stable and an ADSL light flashing away like mad.

But having said that, something to try: Use the factory reset switch, sometimes on the back/underside of the unit, to reset the whole device as it may just be a bit confused.

But if in doubt, take the thing back and replace it.

Caljif

Caljif

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
the power and wireless signal light are solid green but the internet light will flash for a few seconds orange then go off for about 5 minutes. i took out the cable connected to the microfilter to find the light doing the exact same thing, which indicates to me that its getting as much connection thru it as it wud get without any physical connection :whistling: