Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me

• Please log in to reply

Demetri

Demetri

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
:whistling: :blink: Once again thankyou. I have 2 more questions. If I do a fresh install of nsw 2006 it should take care of what was wrong before? also when I drag a icon off the desktop to a folder, windows installer comes up. Why I dont understand? it brings up roxio 8 installation

Edited by Demetri, 12 April 2006 - 09:02 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
1. I don't know...what was wrong before?

2. Uhm...that is interesting. Any specific icon? And when installer comes up, is it asking you for a specific disk/program/file?

p.s. (don't ask specific people for help...I could have had a heart attach two minutes ago and no one else would have helped you)

Demetri

Demetri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
it does not matter which icon or shortcut I want to move to a different folder. I am sorry for asking for a certain person.this is only my second day here.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
ok, but when it does this, it usually indicates what it is trying to install....

You can try the Windows installer clean up utility

http://www.softpedia...p-Utility.shtml

Be forewarned---it has some serious mojo and can result in some products needing to be reinstalled, but it will clear stuck installs for you...select only a few programs at a time until the issue goes away