Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

errors on web pages...

• Please log in to reply

lucky-g

lucky-g

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hey folks, I had a malware issue resolved with the help of Trevuren. But now I am experiencing slow surfing at times. I figure that a spyware program is making sure that potential threats do no harm. However, there are a few annoyances. First: after doing a google search for things non-[bleep] related, I have to click on some hits twice or three times before accessing the sites. Or, I would have to click on the cache links to see the sites in HTML, then click the back button to start from the beggining, then click the link I wish to explore. This works sometimes. Another problem: I cannot listen to music, or access radio shows or video clip links directly from host sites, ie 102.1 The Edge, Toronto or news sites. I used to before. Another thing is that on many pages at the bottom left hand corner, there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the center that reads: 'done, but with errors on page'. It says it now even on this site. I am getting a lot of this now rather than before the malware fix. One thing for sure is since the malware fix, I am getting more: 'page cannot be displayed' or ' cannot connect to server' messages. Looking for some advice, thanks.

Respectfully,
lucky-g

Advertisements

lucky-g

lucky-g

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hey, just wanted to add that the error message I get after trying to access eradio stations or video clips is: 'automation server can't create object'. On this page, the error message reads: ' object expected'. Hope this clarifies things...