Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP 10 Fullscreen

• Please log in to reply

philly30

philly30

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I am running windows XP and For some reason i can not play video files in WMP10 in fullscreen mode, when i try the screen goes black for a second and then back to the size i had it, i have no problem with real player or divx player, they go to fullscreen when i select it only WMP is a problem, any ideas?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click tools, options, performance to check the setting for video acceleration, click advanced to check the full screen switch setting, click apply and restart the player

philly30

philly30

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I did what you said but everything was checked so i unchecked wher it said enable full screen mode and then it worked, that does not make sense but it works, i would think for it to work it should be checked

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I never did figure that either but glad you found the solution