Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to password protect specific folder(s) ?

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Is there anyway through windows to password protect a certain folder(s) ? Or do I have to get a 3rd party software, if so which one is good ? I have Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there manu08, I have not seen any option in XP where you can actually password protect a file, using 3rd party software is the only option.

I know a really really good piece of software that you might find interesting:

Pc Security

This program works great you can lock certain files on your computer (Meaning everything.... :blink: ) And its got tones of options, other than folder locking.

Try it out, I am sure you will really really enjoy using it.

Let me know what you think.... Cool :whistling:

manu08

manu08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
This is not quite the software I am looking for. In this the folder is either locked or unlocked. I want a software that prompts to enter the password when I try to open the certain folder. Any ideas what software might be providing that ?