Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Updates?

• Please log in to reply

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
why is my computer not updating itself?

im using xp home and ive put updates on auto but they still should come up.

is there anywhere i can download sp2 from? ive looked on the site and its not working

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
it is possible the program that automaticly updates windows was delted, also if you are not runnig a legal addition of windows it also wont work. also you need to be running IE inorder to do windows updates.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
judging that you are running a gunuine copie of windows go
start->control panel->antomatic updates
be sure that it is turned on.
thanx
James

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
If this is enabled, then maybe there aren't any critical updates needed.

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
mile runner, thanks for replying, i have a legal copy and the auto updates is turned on via the control panel. i have both IE and Firefox but use firefox, would this matter?

james 8970, thanks for replying, i have already done that but its still not working.

CJIS, thanks also for replying, i thought this but when i put a cd in (to put stuff on my phone) it did not work as it said "setup needs at least SP1 on the target machine to run" but i have that :S

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
you need to use IE inorder to update windows. This is one of the things that annoys some people about windows :whistling: , please try using IE to update and tell us what happens. :blink: