Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

End of Nrton and McAfee

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
shadystight08...

So AVG and Avast have both messed up your computer? I think you have other problems on this machine. I've used both of these applications for a long time without issue. Do you have your installation cd? If so, is it OEM or a retail version?

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 16 April 2006 - 08:22 AM.

Advertisements

shadystight08

shadystight08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
By installation cd do you mean the restore cd thingy? I dont know what anything else is. But I dont think I had any problems with my computer before Avast or AVG because, wll there wasnt any problems. The computer is new...I do virus checks all the time, i know they slip in here and there but....McAfee Ewido and Norton couldnt have messed up all those times...or could they have? Well I dont know what to do because I dont want to redo my whole computer because the adapter off the router takes forever (4-5 hours) to get sety up, have to call a linksys company and talk to someone arabian to where i cant understand them.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
What is the make and model number of your machine?

shadystight08

shadystight08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
well i have an emachine. I just went a re did my whole computer. Now ity has a 90 day trial of norton. but it is 2005. should i uninstall it and install Avast?