Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to get higher frame rate

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Hi, I was wondering how i would get higher frame rate because i have an ok GFX card but i only get about 40fps in games. my system specs: AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (o'c to a 2600+), 512mb PC3200 Crucial and a 256mb PC2700 stick of RAM, Saphhire Radeon X700 Pro 256mb. I sometimes get a frame rate of like 11 which is pissing me off cause my GFX card suppose to be better than that any1 got any answers on how to get higher frame rate??

Thanks,

Kurt

Advertisements

joybz

joybz

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Try dropping your anti alising and filtering, go into ATI catalys cotrol centre click view>advanced>3D uncheck all the boxes which say "let the aplication decide" and put the sliders all the way left so that they are in the performance section and not quality. You may also want to try your in game settings usualy under the Video tab within the games options and drop the quality of the graphics.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
done that but I still get the same frame rate could it be my RAM on everest it shows this

CPU CPU Clock Motherboard Chipset Memory Read Speed
AthlonXP 2100 MHz ASRock K7S8X v3 SiS746FX PC1700 DDR SDRAM 1283 MB/s

when my ram should be 2100 because the 256mb is pc2100 arrgg new ram 4 me i think.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well the pc1700 is worrying me
that means your ram is running at 200Mhz when running two sticks of different speeds (PC3200, PC2700) your whole system will underclock itself to run at the slowest speed thats where your problem is. but also the system specs you listed was saying that it was running at PC1700 which is extreamly slow 200mhz to be exact
replace your ram by getting rid of the PC2700 and replacing it with another stick of PC3200 would greatly increase your performance what size you by is up to you but the best thing would be just to buy another 512 stick

could you please go into your bios and see what speed it says its running at?
troppo

Edited by troppo, 15 April 2006 - 11:07 PM.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Ok, I took the 256mb out and I set the RAM speed in BIOS to DDR 400 but when i went on everest again it said it was PC2200 which I thought strange as the only stick in there is PC3200 nothing else any ideas?

thanks,

Kurt

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well according to the manufacturers website your fsb is a maximum 333mhz so you will never get the full 400MHz that you are after.

but pc2200 sounds weird do they even make pc2200 i havent herd of it but i could be wrong in everest what speed is it reading? pc3200 equates to what speed?
troppo

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Nah, Its the speed of it oh I see looks like a new motherboard 4 me.

Thanks,

Kurt