Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The simpsons hit and run

• Please log in to reply

ReCuRsIoN

ReCuRsIoN

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi,

I installed the game on my computer but havn't been able to uninstall it. I have searched the web for a fix or something but can't find anything! Everytime i try to uninstall i get the following error message:

>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp(439)
pAPP:The Simpsons Hit & Run™
PVENDOR:Vivendi Universal Games
PGUID:F79AAB3A-B8B4-4AC7-94AB-1C4C076CC6A89
$7.1.100.1248
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600)BT_OTHER 0.64

Can anyone help please?

Thank You

Advertisements

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Maybe your God is punishing you for buying such a terrible game. If you want to play rubbish like that, buy console. Sorry if i'm offending anybody, but it's true. Have you tried manualy deleting the directory from program files?

Edited by Casheti, 17 April 2006 - 05:46 AM.

ReCuRsIoN

ReCuRsIoN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
LoL,

I didn't buy it, i borrowed it. I wanted to see what it was like lol! If i delete it manually, how do i get rid of it from my 'remove programs' menu?

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Nuts, I hate it when something like this happens.

Do a google search for Your Uninstaller!. You can get a free trial download.

That program was designed to remove partial programs and bad uninstalls. I've used it a couple of times before myself.

ReCuRsIoN

ReCuRsIoN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi mate, thanks alot for that program, it got rid of it and it doesnt show up on my add/remove list! Thnx alot again! :whistling:

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
You might also want to run a registry cleanup scan with CCleaner just in case some registry settings survived.