Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer

• Please log in to reply

Albino

Albino

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone can help of if this a simple problem to fix. I have been printing images on my lexmark X1190 for a while now, but i tried to print a photo onto glossy photo paper today, and the first image was heavily coloured yellow, and the second heavily coloured red. All subsequent images, even if on plain paper and not glossy, all now appear with a heavy red tinge. Does anyone know what could cause this and how to fix it?

Thanks

Albino :whistling:

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

It sounds like your printer is very low or completely out of cyan(blue) ink.
Does your printer have a status utility running in Windows that reports the individuals levels of the coloured inks?

Albino

Albino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Hi,

I suspected that might be the problem. Unfortunatly it can only report levels of the whole colour ink, not individual colours. I printed a test page and like you thought, the blue seemed lacking. Thanks for the help identifying the problem - have just bought a new printer with four separate colour cartridges so i can change them in future.

Thanks again,

Albino

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome :whistling: