Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless reconnect issue

• Please log in to reply

canyoncreek

canyoncreek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently purchased an Acer Aspire laptop with a wireless card. Overall I'm pleased with it and the wireless connection to our Belkin 54 is good with one exception. When I lose the connection (which isn't frequent) I can't get it back without shutting down the computer and starting up. I've tried numerous times to 'refresh' the network available, etc. but to no avail. The wireles networks available shows none even though it shows it back as soon as I shut down and restart the computer.
Is this a common problem with wireles connections or a quirk of my computer? We do have another computer on the system with a wireles connection but it can get the connection back if lost.

Any hints for getting the connection back without shutting down the computer are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

Didn't Belkin supply you with the Network Utility or are you using Windows utility? Usually you can right-click the network icon down on the right side and select to open. Usually just refreshing the connection to the network should do it. Click Repair if refreshing doesn't do it.

Otherwise, look for the Utility within the Start>Programs list or the Start>Connection To Icon and open the wireless app. You may also find a listing in Contol Panel>Network Connections.

Ron