Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Finding the Max RAM I can have?

• Please log in to reply

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
There was once a program that I had, and have lost track of what it was. It would tell me what I have in my puter, and what the max ram I could put in was... any help in finding this info out, without cracking the case and looking at each individeual peice??

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Power Leap has an upgrade configurator that checks your current system and advises of possible upgrades. Go to http://www.powerleap.com/PL-iP3T.jsp

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
If you have the manual to the computer or mobo it's always in there if you look in the right places. I know my mobo (ECS 945P-A I945 Socket 775) came with a manual that tells me how much ram total, how much per piece, and what the tested and succesful types are. So just do a little research! :whistling:

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
lol if I had that info handy I would not even be asking. The thing I am looking for someone on here, I think Excel told me about was a program that I download and ran on my puter not online, and it gave me all the info I could ever want. However the info that I have already been given was great, and worked if you are connected to the net :whistling: THanks folks