Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Killing the Startup Programs ?

• Please log in to reply

smak786110

smak786110

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I just uninstalled my anti virus (BITDEFENDER).
But when I write MSCONFIG in the Run menu than startup programs.I still see the 2 applications of bitdefender running,despitate deleting the whole folder from which these 2 applications come!!!
And I can disable them from MSCONFIG menu,I dont know why as they get automaticly activated by themselves!!!
Is there anyway to kill these type of startup programs????

:whistling: :blink: :help: :)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, all programmes, start up folder to look for Bit Defender

Click apply and reboot if you remove ticks in msconfig

smak786110

smak786110

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I didnt get u properly.....These is nthing in Startup Menu if I remove Bitdefender and from before it wasnt there...........
I tried to untick those 2 applications of bitdefender in MSCONFIG and in the next rebot they automaticly tick themselves up....So its no use of using MSCONFIG to take out the startup applications!!!