Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Finding the files I need ?

• Please log in to reply

Wayfr

Wayfr

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
There are two users on the PC. One user can utilize the Windows Search to locate files on the computer.Everything seems to be normal. When the other user brings up the search window in the second account the left pane is missing the text. Only Rover appears at the bottom...without any text instructions above him. It is inoperative. Is there a way to correct the corruption ??? I'm at a loss. :whistling:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
first let's see if search is working in general for this user

download the following file, unzip it, and double click it in the affected account. This will disable the search assistant (rover), and reset search to the old windows 2000 search

Does it work now?

Attached Files

Wayfr

Wayfr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thank you for having a look at my problem "querryf". The download as you suspected did reset the search to the old Windows 2000 search. I'm presently running XP pro but I can live with the 2000 style. What would you think, may have caused this corruption?