Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Inexperience Windows XP User

• Please log in to reply

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I've just recently installed another harddrive. It's my slave drive. Now, whenever I open MyComputer I only see the new harddrive, E:/, and not the C:/ drive. How can I view both drives?

Thanks!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on my comoputer then do manage then disk manager...do you see both there? (don't know HOW you could be booting to c: and not see it...)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Romeyrome...

Two things to check for this.

1) Is the new drive jumpered as a slave? There are jumpers on the back of the drive that must be positioned properly to set the drives role in the machine. Most drives are jumpered as Master from the factory. Check the documentation that came with the drive for correct jumper settings.

2) Cable position. A slave drive must be connected to the center connector of the ribbon (cable). The end connector is for the Master drive.

wannabe1

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Neither one of these responses solved my issues. I can see both hard drives in the Device Manager, and both hard drives are configured properly; one is the master, and the other is the slave.

Any other suggestions?

Attached Files

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
post a screenshot of disk manager