Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

right clicking desktop freezes

• Please log in to reply

Anima79x

Anima79x

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok this is my girls comp and i am trying to fix it for her but at a loss atm. there is 2 things, she got a cd with pictures on it and when she tries opening it explorer freezes, and alot of times if she right clicks on her desktop explorer freezes. here are 2 errors i found in the event log from admin tools. thanks in advance

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module urlmon.dll, version 6.0.2900.2870, fault address 0x00039ebe

and also

The DNS Client service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s)

Advertisements

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hi Anima79x and Welcome to GTG!

About your first problem, try opening the CD with the folder's View enabled as Lists or Details. If it works let me know please. I can't really help you about the second one but I'll do some research later. I'm really busy at the moment so it might take me a while.

Alan :whistling: