Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help on wireless keyboard and mouse.

• Please log in to reply

MaMister

MaMister

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Hi, we are upgrading our office to be as cordless as possibe...

But before I go shopping, I have feedback from friends that wireless keyboard and mouse can only have max 2 pieces (same band and model) in a small area within 3 metres. If the 3rd piece come in, then I will have some conflicts?

I understand from logitech that they uses channel 1 and 2 only, which only supports 2 x wireless desktop? True?

So is it possible to use 4 x wireless keyboard and mouse in the same small area without coflicts?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. We tried using wireless mouse/keyboard setups on multiple work stations where I work. Generally we had three to four working at the same time, sometimes more. They worked, but not very well. Ultimately, we abandoned the wireless in favor of wired setup with optical mouse. There was an issue with interference, sometimes the signal from another work station would take over or interfere with my mouse. This is exasperating when you are doing critical work. This is my experience with these devices.