Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

virus problem

• Please log in to reply

farrukh

farrukh

• Pip
  • 3 posts
[b][i]Hello Every One,
I am running an internet cafe and i am using Norton Antivirus (upgraded).But some days ago i was having a problem in my all systems. I am getting a kind of script messages. When i am online and my network connections are ON, i get the message "Oh! My God. Some one killed chineese hacker to monitor ". I keep on getting these messages. Then i installed AVAST. It stopped these script messages but i know that my whole network is infected. Can any one please help me out of that problem. How can i detect and throw out that virus and stop further problems in future.
thanks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
are you sure its a virus and not just somone eploiting the messenger service? (or farting around with net send)

Can you describe the message in more detail? what does it look like? Screen capture?

farrukh

farrukh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I think its not just a message. Its a kind of virus i think. I always get messages in a small window option and one other thing that i have noticed is that, that a small letter shaped file is made in every folder of my c, d , e and f drive.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Well, then, your best bet is the malware forum--follow the link in my signature.

Given you are running a cyber cafe, your worm will promulgate from machine to machine...that means you should disconnect all machines from the network, follow the instructions at the top of the malware fourm, then re-add machines to the network as you clean them, taking care not to place an infected machien back on with clean ones.