Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't seem to Burn CD's properly

• Please log in to reply

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi Geeks,

Hopefully this is the right section to post this problem. I'm having trouble burning some of my MP3's to a CD. They play fine on my PC but when i burn them to CD (using Nero 6 Ultra), some of the tracks will skip frequently.

I have tried reducing the speed at which i am writing and am using good brand discs. I have also tried on both CD-R's and CD-RW's and used different Nero options (such as No Pause, Normalize all audio etc...). The drive is an NEC DVD-RL Burner. I can make DVD's and VCD's no problem if that is relevant and i have no problem burning DATA files onto CD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks,
Noobsaibot21

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I'm using Nero Ultra 7 but I'm hoping not much is changed (I used to have 6). My first question in an effort to help you is:

Are you burning them as music CD's, MP3 CD's, WMA CD's, NeroUltra CD's, or AudioData CD's?

If one doesn't work, try the others, if it still doesn't work, post back! :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check for a firmware update for the CD Writer

Make sure you get the correct one

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello again,

Sorry for the prolonged absence :whistling:

I have been (trying to) burn regular CD's. I will try an MP3 CD tomorrow and see how that goes.

Keith:

Not too sure where to get the firmware update - it has burned CD's properly before. It's an NEC DVD+RL burner exactly like this one:

http://www.komplett.....asp?sku=314089

I'll keep you guys posted.
Regards,
Noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello again,

Sorry again about the delay in my reply. Well, I have just successfully burned an MP3 CD and it works no problem on other players. I tried a regular CD again after that and regular CD's are still giving me trouble.

How should i proceed?
Many Thanks,
Noobsaibot21

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you bur the CD and it plays on the PC, are you using the finalise, close session after recording option

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello,

No, I've never had to finalize the CD. Nero does it automatically (or at least it used to). I will check into that and let you know.

Regards,
Noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello again,

No, Nero definately isn't giving me any options for finalizing CD's :whistling:

Any ideas?

Regards,
Noobsaibot21

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Try selecting dis-at-once for burning method if its not already selected. and nero finalizes the audio CD without need to select anything.

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello again,

Well, after upgrading to Nero 7 (which is nice) i am still having some trouble on a couple of tracks. Could it be a problem with the burner? Or perhaps just a few bad quality MP3's? I can burn Data CDs, MP3 CDs, DVDs, VCDs etc... just not regular audio CDs. I have used several different good quality CDRs and CD RWs too. It should be noted that some of the audio tracks work fine. And i've tried disc at once and track at once.

Im getting frustrated at this especially after paying for Nero 7 and their support hasn't been too helpful :whistling:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Noobsaibot21