Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVI Not Working On New Card

• Please log in to reply

td2000

td2000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a GF 6600 GT DDR3 128 MB Dual DVI PCI-Express card Im trying to install. This is my second card. The first one died when I did a windows update and the computer stalled on restart. When I put the card in last night, I followed all recomended insructions. Im using a Gateway GT5026E - 1gbRam - 250 hard drive - Intel Pent D CPU 820 2.8 Ghz - Intel 945G Processor - All drivers up to date. First I disabled the onboard graphics, changed the BIOS to PCI-E, and put in the card. When I turned the computer on I didnt get a signal to the monitor. After much fooling around with it the only way I get a signal to the monitor is to put a DVI adaptor on the analog cord to the monitor and plug it into the video card. I dont understand what I have missed. The DVI cable alone will not work when plug it in. When I did plug in the DVI cable it was the only one plugged in, Im not trying both at the same time. Just want to see if anyone can tell me if theres a step Ive missed. Or if I need to provide any more info, any help would be wonderful. Thanks -td2000

Advertisements