Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Latency Problem

• Please log in to reply

10571z

10571z

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey i have counter strike source which i have been playing for about 2 weeks. Orginally i started with a ping about 40 in every server. Then One day my ping went to about 900 and just went crazy on most servers but on other servers it would be fine.i could still play 1.6 with normal ping and could still download at 25kb a second outside cs;s which was normal speed for me. A few days later my modem stopped working and u purchases a new one. I bought a dlink one and then put it on my copmputer. I then downloaded a song at 25 kb a second which was usual speed for me. So i went into counter strike source and again my ping was 200. Again i was pretty annoyed as i was practiceing for a war then suddenly 68 pop ups came on and cs's was shut down. I then formatted my computer and reinstalled windows. I then again reinstalled cs:s and also put avg and spybot on. This morning i tested cs;s and it was still at 200 ping. Ive tried everything it sitll doest want to go back to normal ping

Few notes

* I havent gone over my internet download limit
* Yes Im sure im not downloading somthing out of cs:s

Im on Netspace 256kb plan with 20 gig download.

I have

Athlon 64 3500+
1 gig of kingston value Ram (2x512)
Gigabyte Motherboard
xfx geforce 7900 gt video card.
Im running windows xp 64 bit windows.
I have avg virus protector and spybot.

Anyone have any ideas to fix this please!

thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you say modem do you mean dial up or do you mean broadband?