Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

game crashes when i go to play it

• Please log in to reply

ongoing

ongoing

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
hi i bought a game called warhammer fire warrior........the game installed no problem.......but when i try to play it i recive a microsoft error message.......appname: firewarrior.exe....appver:0.0.0.0.....modname: firewarrior.exe........modver:0.0.0.0........offset:001e12b1.....i report the error but get nothing back...i dont know whats wrong........specs are win xp home edition....service pack 2.......intelR pentium 4 cpu 2.80GHz.....760mb....ram........intelR 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics controller........can someone please help

Advertisements

Sintic

Sintic

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi,

umm, certain things never run on certain computers.
But.. try setting compatability to win 2000 by right clicking the shortcut for the game and going to properties>compatability.
Sometimes this fixes these annoyances

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
hi sintic.......tried the compatible setting to 2000.....no good still the same error message......i dont understand it the game checks if my comp can run the game finds no problem.....is there anything else i can try......thanks

Sintic

Sintic

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Taking into account that the game is nearly 3 years old - I think maybe your PC is too UBER! to run the game, you could try different compatability settings (they wont mess up your pc, mess about at willl) if you can't solve it through this, i would e-mail the game developers for advice (thats what you pay for remember!)

thanks.

lorothrigs

lorothrigs

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Well since it looks like you have an Integrated Graphics card, so the graphics chip may not support something that the game needs. I'll do some research and get back to you.

-Doesn't look like your graphics chip supports it, Warhammer 40k: Fire Warrior needs a card/chip with Hardware T L support. Although I'm not sure what that is, it doesn't look like it's supported.

-Your chip specs: http://www.intel.com...b/CS-009078.htm

-Game specs: http://pc.ign.com/ob...496/496390.html (on the right side)

Edited by lorothrigs, 22 April 2006 - 11:19 PM.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
thanks for the replies.......i suppose the only thing to do is get a new graphics card......or is there anyway to update the one i have?.......

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can check the Intel site to see if the latest graphics controller release is more recent than the installed version

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
how do i know which graphics controller to look for

lorothrigs

lorothrigs

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
http://downloadfinde...p?ProductID=865