Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

extra laptop monitor

• Please log in to reply

t-man

t-man

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I have an hp zd7000 laptop which I would like to connect more monitors to, but I was wondering how many it would be possible to connect and work on? I would also like to know if there is a utility program that would be useful to use with multiple monitors.

Thanks,
T-Man

Edited by t-man, 22 April 2006 - 11:25 AM.

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
You might be able to connect just one more monitor if your video adapter supports this.

You didn't say why you wanted to add more monitors - would this be to duplicate the Desktop or to extend it over multiple screens ?

Does your laptop have a D-shaped 16-hole connector in the back ? This would be for an external monitor. Try hooking up a monitor to this port and see if you get 2 desktops - they may look the same or may look different.

Some graphics adapters have the ability to extend the Desktop to the additional monitor. When the external monitor is hooked up and powered on, right-click on any portion of the open desktop are and choose Properties. Then select the Settings tab. See if there is any provision for extending the desktop there.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can also get devices to extend monitors as long as your grapics adapter supports extra wide resolution display modes.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Some good software for multiple monitors is Ultramon. I use this on my 18" standard, and 19" wide, good software, also allows different backgrounds on either monitor.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/