Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dr watson

• Please log in to reply

tpj_89

tpj_89

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
:tazz: ;) i am realy annoyed with my pc this dr watson thing keeps coming up and i cant get rid of it it totaly freezes my computer and i cant use it

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

To fix your problem, we need to first understand the problem.

You say: this dr. watson thing keeps coming up
What thing. Is it an error message of some sort? What does it say?

Give us a little more information and we may be able to help you out.

Thanks,

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

Also let us know what Operating System you are using.

Thanks,

Tom Jenkins 3080

Tom Jenkins 3080

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I cannot access "My Documents" and other files. I first noticed this yesterday when I attempted to access "My Documents" so that I could paste a resume. An error message "Dr. Watson's post mortem has encountered problems and must close" sometimes appears. I contacted my computer fix-it company and was told that I need to bring in the computer so that a virus scan can be done. How do I get rid of the Dr. Watson post mortem thing? :tazz: ;)

westst

westst

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i too am having issues with this exact problem. i cannot open "my compter, my documents and other programs that require explorer. how do i fix this. its driving me crazy

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
You may have a bad build of the Windows Operating System or system files have been corrupted. I would scan for viruses with your favorite program. I advise purchasing a program before taking the system in for your "Computer Repair" guys to do it for you. You'll pay them just as much money for a one time scan as you would buying the software capable of scanning as often as you like. I highly recommend the Symentech software. When you install it, get online and update the virus definitions, then perform a full system scan.

You may also try reinstalling the Operating System into the same directory. You can do this will XP by booting from the CD and telling the software you wish to install windows. When the next menu comes up...choose the option to REPAIR SYSTEM FILES. This will install a fresh copy of windows on your system. You will loose any updates you have installed such as service packs, but you will not loose your data and/or programs.

Hope this helps.

Edmonton

Edmonton

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Edmonton is also having same issue with debugger. I have also received virus message but no one at my internet security company can find a fix. Virus noted: W32/Backdoor.AWX and W32/Agent.JK@dl

Any help with any of this would be exceptional! :tazz: