Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A password Tool

• Please log in to reply

NumberTWO

NumberTWO

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi all,
Not a technie myself, but as a heavy internet surfer I am thinking of getting a program that works like this:-

1. If you are using MSN Messenger, you must be aware of how a popup appears whenever a new email arrives or someone login?
2. I need a similar program that sits in the task bar/notification area.
3. It should detect every url that i'm visiting. If I've an account in that URL, a popup should display my userid / pwd.
4. A simple data entry screen should be provided to record down all the ids/pwd/url.

How guys? any offer. If you are a HYIP player, I can offer e-gold in returns.. but of course you musts show me the codes and proves the codes does not send my ids/pwd all over the interent.. :whistling:

Tks..

Advertisements

NumberTWO

NumberTWO

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
:whistling: no one? any suggestion where can I look for some freelancer to do this?

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

The firefox browser has similar functionality already built in. Whenever you log into a website (username/password) for the first time, it give you the option of saving that login information. Then, the next time you visit the site, it will fill in the information for you. It even allows to save multiple user/pass combinations for sites. It also has a window where you can view/edit/delete saved login information. I would highly recommend it! Here is a link to the Firefox browser:

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Cheers,
Tom

Hi all,
Not a technie myself, but as a heavy internet surfer I am thinking of getting a program that works like this:-

1. If you are using MSN Messenger, you must be aware of how a popup appears whenever a new email arrives or someone login?
2. I need a similar program that sits in the task bar/notification area.
3. It should detect every url that i'm visiting. If I've an account in that URL, a popup should display my userid / pwd.
4. A simple data entry screen should be provided to record down all the ids/pwd/url.

How guys? any offer. If you are a HYIP player, I can offer e-gold in returns.. but of course you musts show me the codes and proves the codes does not send my ids/pwd all over the interent.. :whistling:

Tks..

NumberTWO

NumberTWO

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the suggestion. However, like in any other browsers, I'm not sure how secured FF is knowing that all my security pins are kept within. That's the whole idea of getting a custom built application to keep the codes for me.. Unless FF is proven to be hard-to-hack.. :whistling:

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

That is a valid question, but I would put forth that Firefox as a premier open-source project has more testing and code revision than any home brew program can even imagine when it comes to security. It depends on your comfort level and I have zero knowledge of the firefox source code to give any reassurances on security.

And if you are truly concerned about security, you will have to write the program yourself. Having someone else write the program is paramount to handing them the keys to possibly install a "backdoor" or other way of accessing the information. Just playing the devil's advocate on this subject.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the suggestion. However, like in any other browsers, I'm not sure how secured FF is knowing that all my security pins are kept within. That's the whole idea of getting a custom built application to keep the codes for me.. Unless FF is proven to be hard-to-hack.. :whistling:

NumberTWO

NumberTWO

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi Tom,
I see your point. Many thanks for that, i've decided to download the ext and try it out on my IE now.

:whistling: