Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Off Topic Help

• Please log in to reply

Project X

Project X

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I would like to know what format a normal DvD move is. Second, can anyone tell me the name of a program that can convert videos such as DivX and Xvid into a normal DvD format.

Many Thanks

Edited by Project X, 23 April 2006 - 03:07 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
MPEG 2 through MPEG 4 (usually)

Nero or Roxio are two paid for programmes, if you need the facility frequently

Nero has a trial version

http://www.filehippo...nero_7_premium/

Project X

Project X

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Many thanks for the help, Like always you guys have the answer to my problems, I can't thank you enough. I Bought The Roxio Media 8 package and am burning my little heart out =) :whistling:

I also wanted to ask about image burning. Not as in burning the movie on disc. but burning a image-pictures on the disc itself like I've seen other do. Do you know of a program that has that ability. I seen a guy making home videos and he was burning the picture of his family on the CD.

I bought the new Sony DvD-R / RW so I'm sure it is able to do it, but I didnt get any software other then PowerDvD6.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Burning on to the CDR itself?

Labelflash and Lightscribe drives can do this, the alternative is using CDR labels or printable CDR if you have a printer which does this, if you use labels, print it first in case anything goes wrong, then you won't have wasted the time taken to burn the disc

Lightscribe is limited in colour choice and version two which will be full colour will not be compatible with version two