Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

monitor shuts down

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer recently has started to shut down when do anything...more specific the monitor shuts off...I try and run Norton and it goes down...play games...goes down...leave it alone and its fine...I have tried everything that I know and still nothing...power scheme is fine...I am at a loss....anyone have any ideas? :whistling:

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would go into the bios( usually hit the delete button when the computer is starting)and check what power management settings are there. I usually disable all bios power management in my computers.

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I would try that first, after that i would look into getting some software to help diagnose your computer (Memtest etc.) Power options should do it though.