Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor shuts down

• Please log in to reply

golfdudejk

golfdudejk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer recently has started to shut down when do anything...more specific the monitor shuts off...I try and run Norton and it goes down...play games...goes down...leave it alone and its fine...I have tried everything that I know and still nothing...power scheme is fine...I am at a loss....anyone have any ideas? :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would go into the bios( usually hit the delete button when the computer is starting)and check what power management settings are there. I usually disable all bios power management in my computers.

SRX660

ribl3t

ribl3t

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I would try that first, after that i would look into getting some software to help diagnose your computer (Memtest etc.) Power options should do it though.