Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freaky CPU usage

• Please log in to reply

colsasice_79

colsasice_79

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Started a while ago, one of the guys i spoke to says that i might have to reinstall windows. My laptop works fine until i want to play a video or music file. Then the CPU usage jumps to almost 100% and the sound becomes scratchy and there is nothing i can do. I have done all the virus, trajan, malware checks and so far nothing has helped. I do not even know if this is a software or hardware problem.

any help/words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Advertisements

jmoney3457

jmoney3457

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Started a while ago, one of the guys i spoke to says that i might have to reinstall windows. My laptop works fine until i want to play a video or music file. Then the CPU usage jumps to almost 100% and the sound becomes scratchy and there is nothing i can do. I have done all the virus, trajan, malware checks and so far nothing has helped. I do not even know if this is a software or hardware problem.

any help/words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

hi col, have you updated your vid/audio drivers?

colsasice_79

colsasice_79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
no, how would i do that?