Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Menu in css

• Please log in to reply

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Hi there,

If you make a menu up with a few links (with a css style sheet to refer to), and all the text colour is white, and then when your mouse goes over them they get underlined and they each have their own color, when you click on it and it goes to that page, is there anyway to keep the link underlined and the link that color when you are on that page?

A html page with a css style sheet attached?

:whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You can override the web site's display by using the Tools>Internet Options>General tab>Accessibility button in IE or Tools>Options>Content tab in Firefox. You can even have the whole page displayed using your own stylesheet in IE (click Accessibility button for options).

Ron

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Ok, i have another question about css...

You know on your html pages you put all your text in there? And the html file refers to the css document.

On the css document is there any function like <text> then you put some text in like...

#bottom {
width: 200px;
(then something like insert text, then you type some text)
}

Then on your html page, when you insert the div #bottom, it will come up allredy in the div tag with the text that you wrote in the css file?

Is there any way to do this? :whistling: :blink: :help: :)

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
There isn't a function in CSS that will do what you're asking, but why would you need to do that?

If you do <div id="bottom">text</div>, then you can display your text that way. If you're having conflicting styles, then perhaps you should clean up your CSS =].

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Thanks for your help.

Its all sorted out now.

But why in the html code when you insert a div from a css sheet why does it say <span class></span> sometimes?

:whistling:

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Read This:

HTML SPAN and DIV