Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

audio static

• Please log in to reply

elie_fu

elie_fu

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hi there recently my cd burner started burning audio cds and the have a lot of static on them which was never on the original file also when i burn data cds the finshed cds seem to never work properly you can see all the files on the cds but cant run any of them im useing nero 6 ultra edetion (if then means anything) and have a dell dimension 5100 and i dont think the problam will be coverd in my warrenty any ideas or help would be greatly appreciateded

Advertisements

crouchij

crouchij

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello,

Have you tried using any other pieces of software to burn audio CD's? This information will help you determine if it is a hardware or software issue. You say that you have a Dell. Dell has a program called Dell 32 bit Diagnostics that is great with testing your CD drives to see if they are bad. Here is a link to the download site for the Dell Diagnostic Program:

Dell 32 Bit Diagnostics

Just pick what format you want to download the program as and boot from that CD or floppy.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

elie_fu

elie_fu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
i tried cdburnerxp pro 3 and still wont work pro i dont have a floppy drive and my cd burner isnt working so i cant put the 32 bit diagnostics off dell website on cd thank you though the drive is also makeing a constent humming noise louder then normal when trying to read cds

crouchij

crouchij

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I would say that your drive is bad. Is your computer still have replacement coverage?