Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD player on Acer Travelmate.

• Please log in to reply

londonkj

londonkj

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I recently had to have my hard drive reformatted, and lost all my applications, I have recovered most of the important ones, but I went to play a dvd and it didn't work, I think I had cyberlink power dvd originally, how do I go about putting it back on, or finding an equivalent one. I went to cyberlink's web site, but they wanted 50 odd dollars for it.

Suggestions welcome.

Regards. :whistling:

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Power DVD might be on your recovery CD, if it's not you may be able to download it from the Acer website.

You might also want to consider using the latest VLC Media Player or Windows Media Player to play you DVD's

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
http://www.microsoft...n&qstechnology=

Make sure you have all the latest Windows updates and the latest updates for your security software as well.

londonkj

londonkj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
thanks for that,
with regard to the recovery disks, is there a way of just loading the necessary bits and not recovering the whole thing? havent used them before...

cheers

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I'm not too familar with Acer recovery disks but you could have a look around the disk in case there's a powerdvd folder or something like that.