Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Probs and others

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Well...let's see if your recovery cd will give us the option to repair.

If you don't see the first three screens from the guide I link you to, cancel out and let me know.

Try this REPAIR to your installation of XP. This procedure will not damage or change your current files or settings...it will just repair or replace damaged system files. You will be asked for your Installation CD and may be asked for your product key. Follow the instructions carefully...print them out if you can. Note: This option is not always available on OEM Recovery Cd's

Advertisements

greenshorts

greenshorts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Unfortunatly can't get hold of these disks till the weekend as i'm not at home. But thinking that its not the repair function as i can remember playing about with last year.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Can you get your hands on a regular XP istallation cd where you are now? From a friend perhaps?

greenshorts

greenshorts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Nope, not looking promising for the xp disk.

By the way thanks for the continous help.

greenshorts

greenshorts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi Wannabe1, found out what my problem is on google. Something to do with the plug and play emulator, had to erase line 20 in machine.sys and then re-install the emulator. Everything is fine and dandy again and am going to try and install my win tv.

Cheers for the help

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Great news! :whistling:

(Might I trouble you for the link to the procedure you used? :blink: )

wannabe1

greenshorts

greenshorts

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
http://www.softwaret...lable-help.html

Its about the 5 post down.

:blink: :whistling: