Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost video capacity on xp

• Please log in to reply

lgsuss

lgsuss

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i dowloaded updates to my itunes and real player -- and now for some reason my laptop has lost its capacity for video. it plays music cds, but not dvds. nor can it play video downloaded from the web such as movie trailers.

i unistalled and reinstallled the cd/dvd drive and downlaoded a codec package, but neither did the job.

i am hoping that something very simple has somehow been turned off and just needs to be turned back on, but for the life of me i cannot fix it.

please help.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can you uninstall or "rollback" the two updates you installed? or maybe try a system restore to a date before you installed the updates and see if that fixes the issue? if so then the updates are to blame

lgsuss

lgsuss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i did a restore back to before i updated anything. the dvd/video still did not work. nor could i open i tunes or my firefox browser. so i undid the restore.

any other thoughts?

grasping at straws for something that should be easy.