Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

does your still turn your mp3 files into WAV files?

• Please log in to reply

mosdef

mosdef

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
hey guys, this is probably such a novice question but ah well

i've been burning cds for quite some time, like most. just curious if people still "extract" there mp3 files into the much larger Wav files before burning them to disc.

or is that an un necessary step. the reason i still do that is cause one of my old cd players would only read the cd when i burned the larger wav files as opposed to burning the mp3s directly do disc

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I like to burn 700 MB of MP3 files onto a disk and go on roadtrips with my MP3 player. It has never occured to me to convert the MP3s to wav files. Why would you need wav files?

Now an audio cd is a different story. Most regular cd players will not play MP3s, and an audio cd allows for much less music.
HTH
Johanna

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Now an audio cd is a different story. Most regular cd players will not play MP3s, and an audio cd allows for much less music.

that's usually why i always burn music cd's (Very rare occurance as i have a 20gig HD in the truck that plays all my music and the G/F has an mp3 player) as WAV's...had a friend have to pay 200 bucks to some car dealership to get a cd out of his truck cuz it wouldn't eject the cd...because it couldn't read the MP3s....it assumed there was no disk...so it wouldn't eject.

Nick-YF19

Nick-YF19

Malware Expert

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • MVP
I hope that the cd player cost alot more than $200. There's plenty of good car cd players that cost less than $200.

As far as WAV files, the only rason to convert to that is if whatever you are going to play it in can't read mp3's.