Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking Problem

• Please log in to reply

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Several days ago I overclocked my computer. Immediatly after overclocking it, it shut down. When I turn it on, the computer runs, but the monitor gets no signal. Other times, it starts up, but then the screen goes black, even though the monitor is still on. I looked up this problem on the internet, and on one site it said that this was a common problem, all I needed to do was to restore my cpu. However, in order to do this, I needed to find was the cpu jumper on the motherboard or the cpu restoring key on the keyboard. However, I do not know where either of these are. The keyboar dis unresponsive, and I have no idea where the cpu jumper is on the mother board is. Does anyone know where is the CPU Jumper on the motherboard?
my motherboard (or processor. whichever on the cpu is on) Amd Athlon 64 2600 (or maybe a 2700. i'm pretty sure it's a 2600 though.)
my keyboard model: A KB-0108 emachines keyboard.
please help!!!
(sorry about the length-I just wanted to include all the details)

Advertisements

crouchij

crouchij

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Jumpers on motherboards can be located on many different places on many different motherboards. To help you as best as I can, here are a couple of pictures that may help you...

Posted Image
This is a picture of a motherboard from far away. The jumpers on this particular board are labeled accordingly. (This doesn't mean your jumpers are in the same location...)

Posted Image
Here is a close up picture of what jumpers actually look like. Usually system boards will have at least three.

I hope this was of some help. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Edited by crouchij, 25 April 2006 - 08:28 PM.

crouchij

crouchij

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Another good picture of some CPU jumpers...

Posted Image

dllp117

dllp117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
THanks!!! I'm trying these out right now! Hopefully they will help.

dllp117

dllp117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
YAY! They did! Now my computers up and running again. Thanks a ton!

crouchij

crouchij

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
No problem. I'm glad I could help.