Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB memory not detected

• Please log in to reply

demonicangel

demonicangel

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Hey,

I have a memory stick of 1gb space, a friend borrowed it yesterday to download some music or something and this morning he returned it, not before he gave me a lame excuse saying he didnt use it cause he had it around his neck and when he took it off it was extremely hot so he didnt risk using it, which i do not believe since the usb does not heat on flesh alone if you know what i mean. Anyways i tried using it but my computer no longer detects it, i tried with another memory stick and it works fine, can anyone please shed some light on this please.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hmm, that's not much of a friend if he toasted it and won't tell you what happened. Make him replace it.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Hey, well he still wont tell me what exactly happened, but he has agreed to replace it, which I'm glad of since those are very expensive over here only got that one cause it was a gift. Anyways thanx for clarifying the fact that it is toasted.

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Here's a highly rated 1GB model that I own. I hope that Newegg delivers to wherever you are.

CORSAIR 1GB Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) Model CMFUSB2.0-1GB

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Best buy have 2Gb ones for $50 i think.

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
$60 - $15 CORSAIR 2GB Flash Drive (USB Portable) Model CMFUSB2.0-2GB

$110 CORSAIR Flash Voyager 4GB Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) Model CMFUSB2.0-4GB

:whistling:

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Hey thanx for the options already placed the order, now just have to wait for some friend headed my way(which will probably be another month or two) thanx again guys.