Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lame Decoding

• Please log in to reply

Cindy_16051988

Cindy_16051988

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, sorry to disturb you all. I am newbie here. Recently, I call lame.exe from my software to do the encode and decode part by the help of a friend. My software is designed to record and play wave file in audio and visual. It is used in our speech rehabilitation centre to help children with speech problem. I work part time there.

I convert the wave file recorded by my software to MP3 by calling the lame.exe. It happened successfully.

Then, since the software can only play wave (cannot play MP3), I use the lame.exe to convert MP3 to wave file again. But, my software failed to play the wave giving the error of “Unsupported File Format”.

I checked both the wave file before and after conversion. They give the same format: PCM, mono, 16 kHz, 16 bits, 256 kbps. I could not figure out why the software cant play the wave file after conversion. The software can play the wave file recorded by the software itself.

Then, I tried by changing “- -decode” to “- - decode –t” but I get another error of saying that “Invalid File Type”. The, I tried again for “-x” because I thought there may be problem of little endian and big endian. The problem is still the same.

Hope you can give me some ideas or suggestions. I promise to do it as independent as possible, please, please. Please guide me at this very beginning.

Advertisements

StephenL

StephenL

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
might be something to do with the file header in the new wave file (after convertion from mp3), I did some filtering of wave files about a year ago & can vaguely remember problems with the data that is stored in the first section of a wave file. Sorry I can't be more helpful but I thought it might be worth while looking into.

http://www.sonicspot.../wavefiles.html

Apologies if it's not what you're looking for :whistling:

Cheers,
Steve