Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lack of virtual memory

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i MIGHT be able to get something from the Serial number...let me have that and i'll see if i can find out...OR

http://www.geekstogo...tion=show&id=13 download that...run it and post the report...

Advertisements

estoi

estoi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
it's a really long report - do you want me to copy the whole thing? I dot mind. Just don't want to give you informatino you don't need.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i can't run that program as it's only for home use so i can't remember the EXACT location of what i want...so yeah...post the whole thing and i'll edit it out once i get what i need

estoi

estoi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
[attachment=8113:attachment]removed everest report and attached as txt file

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...i can tell you that you need PC133, SDRAM...but i can't tell you what your MAX allowable ram is...as i can't find out EXACTLY what motherboard is in there....but i would say that it has to be capable of at least 512 (some research is showing somewhere around 7something)

you currently have 256 mb of ram (how you're using xp FUNCTIONALLY with only 256..is mind boggeling) you've got 2-64 MB chips and 1-128 chip...all unbuffered non ecc sdram...

SOOOO you SHOULD get either:

2- 256 pc133 SDRAM chips that are non buffered non ecc ram and get rid of the two 64 mb cards and the one 128...that would put you at 512 MB...wich is usually acceptable...you could alternately

keep the 128 card in there and get another 128 and a 256 which would also put you up to 512

estoi

estoi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
WOW!! I'm so impressed!!
Thank you ever so much for all that! I'll take a little trip to a computer shop next week.

It's hard working from home without the backup of an IT department and me being slightly clueless (As you might have gathered!)

Thanks loads for all that help and guidance - it's hugely appreciated.

Teresa.