Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Prices on computer building HELP

• Please log in to reply

jimbob12

jimbob12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anybody know the top, middle and bottom of price ranges for the following:-
Motherboards
Monitors
RAM
CPU
CPU FAN
Graphics Card
Hard Drive
CD Drive
PSU Unit

All help is needed as im going to make a computer however i don;t have a clue on the prices.

Please help me!

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Does anybody know the top, middle and bottom of price ranges for the following:-
Motherboards
Monitors
RAM
CPU
CPU FAN
Graphics Card
Hard Drive
CD Drive
PSU Unit

All help is needed as im going to make a computer however i don;t have a clue on the prices.

Please help me!

Thats alot of info that you want to know there and all hardware varies greatly depending on many factors...

Personally I wouldnt buy anything for me or a customer under these prices... **Very MINIMUM I would BUY**

Motherboards $75
Monitors $200 for a lcd monitor
RAM $74 for 512mbx2 corsair value select
CPU $111 for an amd venice 3000+
CPU FAN about $40 but they come with the cpu if you get it in the retail version not the oem...
Graphics Card $170 minimum
Hard Drive $80
CD Drive $45
PSU Unit $50 minimum varies greatly on the watts and options.

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Dude, your request is rather broad, but to give an idea of price ranges, here ya go- motherboards range from about 50 to 260, monitors range from 30-2000,ram 30-400,cpu 150-1400,fan usually comes with cpu, video cards from 60 to 1500 or more, hdd 50-500, cd/dvd 10-100,psu 30-150.
So as you can see the range is rather broad, you need be more specific as to what you intend on using this system for.
-p>

jimbob12

jimbob12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
its my classwork in I.T...i need 2 kno the prices of computer parts and i dont have a clue.

and i live in UK so do you reckon these prices apply in UK?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
www.overclockers.co.uk look and you shall find.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
This is why we have google and a multitude of other search engines. All you have to do is search and you will find the info you need!