Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Drivers for XP

• Please log in to reply

FLyboy67

FLyboy67

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just got a Dell Optiplex GX270 second hand (free :help: with 1GB of memory). The hard drive was completely re-formatted when I got the machine. I installed XP Home edition after I reformatted the hard drive. The system appears to be working correctly except that when I reinstalled the monitor driver, I noticed that two of the system devices had the yellow question mark.

The first was the SMBUS Controller. It ask me to reinstall but I do not have the disk. The driver (?) is the Intel® 82801EB SMBUS Controller - 24D3 Properties. Type: System Devices

The second is the Microsoft System Management Bios Driver. The troubleshoot instructed me to uninstall the driver. Do I need to reinstall? If so, how? :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try going to www.dell.com and go to the driver download area...put the service tag number (on a sticker on the machine) or the make and model in...and it should give you access to all device drivers that came with tme machine

FLyboy67

FLyboy67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. I will look on Dell's web site.