Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

kyocera Air card

• Please log in to reply

heinz577

heinz577

• Pip
  • 6 posts
what is needed to hookup my 1xEVDO card to the desk top when I'm home and not RVing.
( All we have out here in the country dialup :blink: ) This retired old man is new to this
puter thing. :whistling: So make it simple please.
Thanks,
Heinz

Advertisements

heinz577

heinz577

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
:whistling: [size=5]what is needed to hookup my 1xEVDO card to the desk top when I'm home and not RVing.
( All we have out here in the country dialup ) This retired old man is new to this
puter thing. So make it simple please. I posted this in another spot but didn't know if it was the right place.
Thanks,
Heinz

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
heinz i moved your second post from the "tutorials" sectioin as that was not the correct place for it...hopefully you will get an answer soon from this current thread...please do not start another thread about this issue...if you've been waiting for more than three days, please go Here and follow the instructions

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im looking for an adapter for you but i cant find anything am i currect in assuming this is a PCIMA card for your laptop similar to this http://reviews.cnet....78.html?tag=sub .

Currently im looking without much success ive asked some other staff if they have seen any of these about or something that would fit the purpose but i cant find anything when i look.

What you might be able to do is connect the laptop that you are using for the card and just use that at home, you can connect your monitor and keyboard to it and it will be just like your desktop in function, or you could connect the laptop to the computer and try to bridge the internet connection across to the desktop this is a little more complicated and rounf about preferably you want a PCIMA slot for your desktop i just cant find one.

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.newegg.co...&SubCategory=73

heinz577

heinz577

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

heinz i moved your second post from the "tutorials" sectioin as that was not the correct place for it...hopefully you will get an answer soon from this current thread...please do not start another thread about this issue...if you've been waiting for more than three days, please go Here and follow the instructions

Sorry about the double post. :whistling: And yes it is the KPC 650 card I was just hoping to use my new
desktop and not the Toshiba laptop all the time. Was thinking of trying to figure out how to use a
Router but would still have to run both PC's Thanks again.

Heinz

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yes that is exactly what i was looking for google was utterly useless on finding those, thats exactly what you need heinz you just take the card from the laptop and stick it in that and it will work just like it does on your laptop except in your desktop.

Cant beleive google couldnt come up with even a reference to those.

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
Might be because they are called PCMCIA cards, not PCMIA cards. :whistling:

heinz577

heinz577

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
:whistling: Hey, you guys are good. Sure glad I found this site. Thanks for all the help.
Thats just what I need and I'll be back here asking for more help, I'm sure. :blink:

Heinz

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No i searched for both because alot of people use PCIMA dont ask me why but they do and its easier to remember came up with alot of references to card readers and various adapters on that format just not a PCI like i was looking and google here doesnt search newegg till like page 6 or 7 and i never go back that many pages.

Edited by warriorscot, 28 April 2006 - 09:20 AM.

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
I guess google isn't all it's cracked up to be.